Sunday, October 11, 2009

General Card


Happy Sunday! I'm pretty pleased with the way this card turned out. I was itching to use the new boarder punch I purchased at a (somewhat) local craft store. I loved the swirls on the punch and I wanted to somehow use it with white paper to give it a feminine feel. I realized the punch ended up on green paper, but it is off-set by the white, so that's pretty close for me. I choose green as my main color thinking it might work for a holiday card, but then I realized my stamp looks more summery (she's wearing a tank top!) so I left it as a general card - I can put any type of sentiment I'd like on the bottom, so I could make it a Thank You - a Hello - or whatever I choose when I need it. I couldn't tell you what type of cardstock I used - it was just pulled out of my stash. The pattern paper is from SU (one of my favorites), and I colored her in with copics. The punch is from Fiskars, and I'm not sure about the ribbon - again just pulled a piece from my drawer stash. I used an older Verve layout for inspiration, though I did not follow it exactly (I tend to alter them to suit me).

Well I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment