Saturday, September 19, 2009

Time for some Chicken




Well, in case you haven't figured it out by the name of my blog - I love chickens. I just think the entire idea of them is funny. And yes, I have a bit of a strange humor. But I do collect chickens and I try to pick up any stamps that I find that I like that have chickens on them as well. So in honor of my blog name today, I have created a chicken card.

So the stamp is called "Is this your egg?" and honestly, I can't remember which store I bought it from - maybe now I need to start writing these things down? I didn't follow a card sketch for this - just came up with something on my own. The fence is actually a second stamp, which was a difficult one to color (used my copics of course) because the blades of grass are so thin I kept going out the lines - I think I managed to salvage it ok, though. There was no way to trim around all the grass, so I kept the bottom of the paper squared off. The cardstock I used is all from Stampin Up and the pp is from Me & My Big Ideas mat pad, which I'd found on clearance last year at M's. For the inside of the card I knew I wanted to use my chicken-wire background stamp and I used a couple other chicken stamps. I got them a couple years ago at one of the scrapbooking shows I'd gone to. They are from Purple Daisy Designs. The sentiment on front is from Inky Antics. The Edwin and fence are Magnolia stamps.

Well, I am off - Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment