Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday


Happy Black Friday? So did you go out shopping today? If so, post here & let me know what you got for a great deal! I stayed home tucked cozily in bed and right now I just finished cleaning up from yesterday and have laundry going (fun, huh???)

My project(s) today are these cute winter laterns. I love these Febreeze lanterns and I have 2 of them. Each came with Halloween themed covers (the paper part) and since I now have up my Christmas decorations, they were out of date. The problem I discovered is that while they do have a cute winter cover with a snowman on it, they only way I can get that is by purchasing an entirely new lantern! And I really didn't need any more. So - I decided the heck with it and designed my own covers. The only problem is that they are not scented. There might be some way to get scented paper or spray it with something, but I cheated and just used a plug in with them (they are in my downstairs bathroom).

I used some Christmas paper, cut it at 3 1/2" x 12" & scored it at 3" sections. A 12 x 12 piece of paper will JUST fit around, so I just used a piece of clear tape on the corner to hold them together. I cut the snowflakes on my cricut with the new "When it's cold outside" cartridge (which is all snowflakes - I love it!) and then used a boarder punch on a piece of white paper, then cut it in a strip, and attached a piece of ribbon to the strip, and adhered to the top. I attached the snowflakes with pop-dots to make them stand out a little bit. I was very happy with how they turned out and they perfectly match my bathroom theme!

Hope you had a great Black Friday & be sure to share your deals with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment